DALLAS, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's smallest off-line, phase-dimmable, constant-current lighting controller and an easy-to-use lighting driver that simplify the retrofit of a variety of LED bulbs, including E14, GU10, A19, PAR20/30/38, MR16 and AR111. The TPS92075 controller and TPS92560 driver reduce component count and solution size while improving compatibility with legacy lighting controls. For more information and samples, visit www.ti.com/tps92560-pr and www.ti.com/tps92075-pr.
The TPS92075 is designed for phase-dimmable, offline AC/DC LED lamp and downlight applications. Offered in a very small 6-pin TSOT package, it achieves power factor correction above 0.9 while delivering smooth, flicker-free dimming when used with conventional wall dimmers. The TPS92560 is intended for use in low-voltage AC or low-voltage DC LED lamp applications such as MR16 and AR111. It uses a proprietary input current control method, which improves compatibility with electronic transformers.
The TPS92075 and TPS92560 join TI's LED driver portfolio for retrofit bulbs that includes the LM3445, LM3447, TPS92310/11/14, LM3444 and LM3401. For more information on LED replacement lamp and downlighting solutions, visit www.ti.com/ledretrofit-pr.
Key features and benefits of TPS92075 and TPS92560:
- TPS92075 for E14, GU10, A19 and PAR20/30/38 bulbs
- Small 6-pin TSOT package measures 2.9 mm by 2.9 mm.
- Step-down (buck) or step-up/step-down (buck-boost) operation suitable for 120-VAC or 230-VAC LED lamps and downlights.
- Power factor correction greater than 0.9 meets regulatory requirements for lighting.
- Flicker-free dimming compatible with TRIAC and trailing-edge dimmers.
- TPS92560 for MR16 and AR111 bulbs
- Simple hysteretic input current control scheme requires no complicated loop compensation and enhances compatibility with electronic transformers.
- Integrated active low-side input rectifiers improve efficiency, simplify design and lower bill of materials.
- Step-up (boost) or step-up/step-down (SEPIC) operation suitable for use with a variety of LED loads.
- Order samples and an evaluation module of the new LED drivers: www.ti.com/tps92560-pr and www.ti.com/tps92075-pr.
- Use TI's online design calculator to determine external component values when configuring the TPS92560 and TPS92075 with boost or SEPIC topologies: www.ti.com/tps92560calc and www.ti.com/tps92075calc.
- Match a driver to an LED with TI's online bulb replacement tool: www.ti.com/selectled.
- Design a complete LED power management system with TI's WEBENCH ® LED Architect: www.ti.com/ledwebench-pr.
- Get more information on all of TI's lighting products: www.ti.com/lighting-pr.
- Ask questions and share knowledge in the LED forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/ledforum-pr.
- Download LED reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library: www.ti.com/powerlab-pr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV