Feb. 12, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's smallest off-line, phase-dimmable, constant-current lighting controller and an easy-to-use lighting driver that simplify the retrofit of a variety of LED bulbs, including E14, GU10, A19, PAR20/30/38, MR16 and AR111. The TPS92075 controller and TPS92560 driver reduce component count and solution size while improving compatibility with legacy lighting controls. For more information and samples, visit
The TPS92075 is designed for phase-dimmable, offline AC/DC LED lamp and downlight applications. Offered in a very small 6-pin TSOT package, it achieves power factor correction above 0.9 while delivering smooth, flicker-free dimming when used with conventional wall dimmers. The TPS92560 is intended for use in low-voltage AC or low-voltage DC LED lamp applications such as MR16 and AR111. It uses a proprietary input current control method, which improves compatibility with electronic transformers.
The TPS92075 and TPS92560 join TI's LED driver portfolio for retrofit bulbs that includes the
. For more information on LED replacement lamp and downlighting solutions, visit
Key features and benefits of TPS92075 and TPS92560:
Availability, packaging and pricing
- TPS92075 for E14, GU10, A19 and PAR20/30/38 bulbs
- Small 6-pin TSOT package measures 2.9 mm by 2.9 mm.
- Step-down (buck) or step-up/step-down (buck-boost) operation suitable for 120-VAC or 230-VAC LED lamps and downlights.
- Power factor correction greater than 0.9 meets regulatory requirements for lighting.
- Flicker-free dimming compatible with TRIAC and trailing-edge dimmers.
- TPS92560 for MR16 and AR111 bulbs
- Simple hysteretic input current control scheme requires no complicated loop compensation and enhances compatibility with electronic transformers.
- Integrated active low-side input rectifiers improve efficiency, simplify design and lower bill of materials.
- Step-up (boost) or step-up/step-down (SEPIC) operation suitable for use with a variety of LED loads.
The TPS92560 and TPS92075 are available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors. Offered in a 10-pin PowerPad™
package, the TPS92560 is priced at
each in 1,000-unit quantities. Priced at
, the TPS92075 is offered in an 8-pin
package, and a small 6-pin
package that will be available in March.
Find out more about TI's LED lighting portfolio:
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at
WEBENCH is a registered trademark and PowerPad, TI E2E and PowerLab are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated