Reporting before the open on Thursday, Barrick Gold (ABX) ($32.30) is expected to earn $1.14 per share. ABX has a buy rating and is just above its July 26, 2012 low at $31.00. The weekly chart is oversold with the five-week MMA at $33.60, and the 200-week SMA at $42.44. My quarterly value level is $31.69 with a monthly pivot at $33.08 and semiannual risky level at $37.04.
Also reporting before the open on Thursday, Molson Coors (TAP) ($44.05) is expected to earn 64 cents per share. TAP has a buy rating and is below its Sept. 14, 2012 high at $46.35. The weekly chart is positive with the five-week MMA at $43.99. My semiannual value level is $38.97 with a weekly pivot at $44.88 and monthly risky level at $48.50.
Reporting before the open on Thursday, Vulcan Materials Co (VMC) ($55.65) is expected to lose 10 cents per share. VMC has a buy rating and is below its May 2010 high at $59.90. The weekly chart is overbought with the five-week MMA at $54.59. My quarterly value level lags at $41.17 with a weekly pivot at $58.36 and monthly risky level at $60.61.
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV