Nextdoor Pushes The Boundaries Of The Neighborhood With The Launch Of Nextdoor 2.0
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nextdoor ( www.nextdoor.com), the private social network for the neighborhood, today announced the launch of Nextdoor 2.0 and a new round of funding of $21.6 million. Nextdoor 2.0 introduces a newly designed user interface, the ability for neighbors to reach nearby neighborhoods with relevant information and an enhanced focus on helping neighbors create virtual neighborhood watches to fight crime.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nextdoor-pushes-the-boundaries-of-the-neighborhood-with-the-launch-of-nextdoor-20-190784051.html
"We've been blown away by the rapid adoption of Nextdoor by neighbors across the country. Our members are truly passionate about bringing back a sense of community to their neighborhoods," said Nirav Tolia, Co-Founder and CEO of Nextdoor. "The launch of Nextdoor 2.0 and our new round of funding will accelerate our efforts to use the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods everywhere."
Nextdoor's new round of funding is led by Greylock Partners and includes existing investors Benchmark Capital, Shasta Ventures, DAG Ventures, Allen & Company and Pinnacle Venture as well as new investors Bezos Expeditions and Google Ventures. David Sze of Greylock Partners will join Nextdoor's Board of Directors. The company plans to use the new funding for product development and market expansion."I was fortunate enough to be involved in the early growth years at both LinkedIn and Facebook and have seen how the seemingly simple act of connecting people can lead to major change in the world and create seminal independent companies," said David Sze, General Partner at Greylock Partners. "Nextdoor is uniquely positioned to become the social network for your neighborhood and Greylock is honored to lead this round of funding at such a pivotal time for the company." Today Nextdoor 2.0 is available to all members and includes:
- Focus on crime and safety – Nextdoor now features a dedicated section for Crime and Safety posts, Urgent Alerts for immediate notification of time-sensitive information and the ability for police and fire departments to share updates with members.
- Nearby Neighborhoods feature – The new Nearby Neighborhoods feature allows members to share information with others in surrounding neighborhoods while still maintaining their privacy. Often neighbors have needs to communicate with a broader audience, such as notifying residents of a rash of break-ins, requesting help to find a lost pet or promoting a garage sale.
- Improved user experience – Nextdoor has been redesigned from scratch to provide an intuitive navigation based on groups and categories, a post box that enables quick and easy categorization, like "Classifieds" or "Crime & Safety," and a responsive design that optimizes layout for web, mobile and tablet users.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV