- Bell Let's Talk ambassadors Clara Hughes, Michel Mpambara, Seamus O'Regan and Stefie Shock lead the discussion about mental health
- Take part and Bell will donate - for every text and long distance call made by Bell and Bell Aliant customers, every tweet using #Bell LetsTalk, and every Facebook share of the Bell Let's Talk image, Bell donates 5 cents more to mental health programs
- Learn how you can join the campaign by visiting Bell.ca/LetsTalk
MONTREAL, Feb. 12, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Today is Bell Let's Talk Day, the annual event when Canadians from coast to coast to coast join Clara Hughes and the Bell Let's Talk team in a national conversation about mental health to help end the stigma around mental illness.
"It's time to talk Canada! Join me in the discussion about mental illness and we'll make a real difference in the lives of friends, colleagues, family members and all the other Canadians who struggle with the disease," said Clara Hughes, Canada's six-time Olympic medalist and national ambassador for Bell Let's Talk. "Fighting the stigma is the first and most important step in moving mental health forward. By talking openly, we're letting those who suffer know there is support and understanding, and that our focus is helping them get better."
Two out of 3 people affected by mental health issues still suffer in silence for fear of being judged or rejected because of the continuing stigma.Bell Let's Talk Day is the culmination of a national promotional campaign that started January 14, featuring Clara along with author, composer and performer Stefie Shock, actor-comedian Michel Mpambara and, new to the team this year, CTV personality Seamus O'Regan. In addition to the multimedia ad campaign, all 4 Bell Let's Talk ambassadors are engaging directly with Canadians at events across the country, to get people talking about mental health. Working with Kids Help Phone for example, Bell Let's Talk is visiting schools in Montréal, Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Halifax and St. John's to get young people engaged in the mental health discussion. Here's how you can join the conversation! Bell Let's Talk Day invites all Canadians to help end the stigma around mental illness by talking openly about mental health issues. And Canadians have responded. Bell this year launched an online conversation toolkit on Bell.ca/LetsTalk. Thousands of people and organizations have downloaded the toolkit or ordered it directly from Bell. As a result, today more Canadians than ever will be learning about mental health and helping to end the stigma at thousands of events at universities and colleges, hockey arenas, military bases, community centres, social service agencies, and boardrooms.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV