For the first nine months ended December 29, 2012:
- Total revenue for the first nine months increased 71.8% to $1,584.6 million from $922.3 million in the same period of fiscal 2012.
- Retail net sales increased 73.6% to $789.9 million. Comparable store sales increased 41.4%. Wholesale net sales also increased 73.6% to $727.5 million and licensing revenue increased 39.8% to $67.2 million.
- Gross profit for the first nine months increased 78.0% to $950.4 million, and as a percentage of total revenue increased to 60.0% as compared to 57.9% in the same period of fiscal 2012.
- Income from operations for the first nine months was $474.7 million and as a percentage of total revenue was 30.0%. For the same period of fiscal 2012, income from operations was $168.8 million and included a $10.6 million equity compensation charge associated with equity grants for periods prior to the nine month period, $5.2 million in expenses associated with the Company’s IPO, and a $10.7 million charge related to the employee stock option redemption associated with the private placement. Excluding these amounts, income from operations was $195.3 million, or 21.2% as a percentage of total revenue in fiscal 2012.
- Net income for the first nine months was $296.5 million, or $1.48 per diluted share, based on 200.8 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding. Net income for the first nine months of fiscal 2012 was $103.8 million, or $0.56 per diluted share, based on 186.8 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding. Excluding the aforementioned charges, net income for the first nine months of fiscal 2012 was $121.8 million, or $0.65 per diluted share.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013, the Company expects total revenue to be in the range of $515 million to $525 million. This assumes a low to mid-twenty percent comparable store sales increase. Diluted earnings per share are expected to be in the range of $0.32 to $0.34 for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013. This assumes 203.5 million diluted weighted average shares outstanding and a 38% tax rate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV