Franklin Covey Co. (NYSE: FC) announced today that 1,100 schools from more than 20 countries have now adopted The Leader in Me , Franklin Covey’s education process for school transformation within elementary schools . Nearly 550,000 students and 49,500 school staff have been trained in the process, worldwide.
The Leader in Me is a whole-school, transformation process which emphasizes leadership skills development and creates a culture of student empowerment. Included, is content from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People , authored by Stephen Covey , which inspires young students at elementary schools to develop the skills and self-confidence to lead their lives and succeed in the 21 st century. Principles from Stephen Covey’s book, The Leader in Me: How Schools and Parents Around the World are Inspiring Greatness, One Child at a Time , are also included. The book chronicles how extraordinary elementary schools are teaching the same leadership principles, which have guided corporate and government boardroom decisions for years, to elementary school age children.
"We are delighted to add another 450 schools to those who are utilizing The Leader in Me process,” said Sean Covey , author of The 7 Habits of Happy Kids and Education Practice Leader, Franklin Covey Co. “These schools provide an inspiring culture where students develop the needed skills to meet the challenges they will face as future leaders. We are honored to partner with so many dedicated educators, parents, community leaders and sponsors across the globe who help children achieve extraordinary results, not only in school, but in every aspect of their lives.”
The Leader in Me education process integrates the principles of personal leadership and effectiveness in everyday, age-appropriate language into the core subjects and curriculum of an elementary school . It is a school-wide, transformational experience for teachers and students and creates a common language and culture within the school built on proven principle-based leadership skills found in The 7 Habits . The education process is aligned with the Standards for Staff Development established by Learning Forward (formerly National Staff Development Council), and is implemented as follows:
- School staff identifies a vision of the outcomes they want for their school.
- School staff learns The 7 Habits and then acts as role-model leaders.
- Teachers are taught how to pervasively build The 7 Habits and other key leadership tools into school culture and curricula in order to effectively teach the timeless principles to students. Parents support their children in the process.
- The school’s teachers, students and parents utilize a number of tools, including Franklin Covey consultants and www.TheLeaderinMe.org (lesson plans, videos, student activity guides, teacher editions, posters and books), to help them implement and reinforce the process year after year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts