Voxbone Announces Executive Promotions Following Growth In 2012
BRUSSELS, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With customer usage of its services surpassing 3 billion minutes for the first time, Voxbone today announced that 2012 operational performance exceeded all key objectives as its growth trajectory continues to hit new levels year after year.
Along with release of 2012 performance results, Voxbone said Co-founder and CEO Rod Ullens has transferred responsibility for day-to-day management of the company to Itay Rosenfeld, who joined Voxbone at the beginning of 2012 as Chief Commercial Officer. Ullens remains Chairman of the Board and has assumed a new role as strategic adviser, while Rosenfeld has become CEO.
Voxbone also announced that Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer Francois Struman has become a strategic adviser. His former responsibilities have been assigned to Dirk Hermans, Vice President of Research and Development, and Gaetan Brichet, Chief Operations Officer."It has been almost eight years since I co-founded Voxbone with Francois Struman. Over the years, our startup has turned into a successful 85-person company with a unique service, a strong brand, key customers and tremendous potential," Ullens said. "We ended 2012 with another year of 20 percent growth in revenues, and we remain highly profitable," he said. "Building on this solid foundation, Francois and I have decided to focus on Voxbone's long-term strategy and strategic initiatives. "While Itay is taking on the daily management of the company, I remain totally committed to Voxbone and will remain an active and involved Chairman of the Board," Ullens said. Rosenfeld has more than 13 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. Prior to joining Voxbone, he served as director of sales at hardware provider ECI Telecom; as director of sales and business development in Europe at the former Ethos Networks, which was acquired by Tejas Networks, and in network engineering, software architecture and business development positions in EMEA and the United States with Cisco Systems. He holds a master's degree in electronics engineering from the Universite Libre in Brussels and an MBA from INSEAD. Rounding out the management team are Stef Konings, Chief Financial Officer; Flora Nkuranga, Vice President of Sales and Business Development; and Dries Plasman, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management. In addition to revenue growth, Voxbone's achievements in 2012 included:
- The net addition of more than 100 new customers for its worldwide geographical, and toll-free telephone numbers that enable Internet communications services providers, global carriers, national operators and enterprises to extend the reach of their voice services internationally.
- New reference accounts, such as Deutsche Telekom, 8x8 Inc., Plivo, CSC and One Source Networks.
- Expansion of in-country coverage and services in 20 countries.
- Opening of an office in San Francisco and increasing the number of employees worldwide by more than 25 percent to accommodate continued growth.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts