DaVita, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. (NYSE: DVA) and a leading provider of kidney care services, today issued important emergency response information and resources for dialysis patients, particularly those affected by winter storm Nemo.
The Nor’easter affected 22 DaVita® centers in Connecticut. As of now all centers have power and are operational. DaVita centers have also opened their doors to patients of other providers; in the event that patients cannot access their usual dialysis center they can call 1-800-400-8331 for assistance in finding a DaVita clinic to accommodate them.
“The most challenging issue we are dealing with at this point is transportation,” said Tom Bradsell, DaVita emergency response team manager. “Dialysis patients face complex obstacles when they are unable to receive treatment. DaVita’s top priority is patient safety and we are working with state and federal regulatory agencies to get the necessary help for patients.”
DaVita teammates will continue to assess the storm’s impact, providing patients with the most up-to-date information regarding their treatments. Dialysis patients require treatments at least three times per week and are at high risk during natural disasters and weather-related emergencies.In order to prepare for the unexpected, DaVita provided emergency preparedness educational resources and recommended that all dialysis patients create an emergency kit that includes:
- Emergency phone numbers for their doctors and dialysis center, as well as contact information for a nearby dialysis center
- At least three days’ worth of medications, as well as a list of the dosage amounts
- If diabetic, a week’s worth of supplies (syringes, insulin, alcohol wipes, glucose monitoring strips, etc.)
- Access to clean water, food, a can opener, first aid supplies, and a battery-operated flashlight and radio
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts