NEW YORK -- Cisco Systems (CSCO), the world's largest maker of computer networking equipment, is expected by Wall Street Wednesday to post fiscal second-quarter earnings of 48 cents a share on revenue of $12.1 billion.
Cisco reports after Wednesday's closing bell.
In the year-earlier quarter, Cisco earned $2.2 billion, or 40 cents a share, on revenue of $11.5 billion.
Analysts expect Deere (DE) to post fiscal first-quarter earnings of $1.40 a share on revenue of $6.72 billion.
Nvidia (NVDA), the graphics chipmaker, is expected by Wall Street to report fourth-quarter earnings of 24 cents a share.
Comcast (CMCSA) reached a deal to buy the remaining 49% stake in NBCUniversal from General Electric (GE) for $16.7 billion. Comcast raised its quarterly dividend by 20% and reported an 18% increase in fourth-quarter earnings. Comcast's NBCUniversal Deal Proves Merger Boom
Metlife (MET) is expected by Wall Street to earn $1.18 a share in the fourth quarter.
WellPoint (WLP), the health insurer, announced Tuesday that Joseph Swedish, a veteran hospital executive who has never run a public company, will become its next CEO. Swedish comes from Trinity Health, where he was chief executive. He will replace interim CEO John Cannon on March 25. 5 Stocks Under $10 Making Big Moves
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV