LONDON and LOS ANGELES, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ThinkAnalytics™, the world leader in multiplatform TV search and recommendations, today announced that recent customer signings have increased its customer base to over 40 operators and 100 million licensed subscribers.
Complementing its market leadership position, ThinkAnalytics closed out 2012 by doubling its revenue and profits over the previous year.
Recent new customer signings include: U.S. based Cox Communications, Swisscom, Unitymedia in Germany, Zon in Portugal, and Nordic operator Canal Digital."2012 marked the coming of age for the media recommendations engine and content discovery market with most operators commencing field trials or starting full deployment rollouts," said Peter Docherty, Founder and Chief Technology Officer, ThinkAnalytics. "In the past year, customers have increasingly turned to ThinkAnalytics because of our 100 percent successful track record and our ability to deliver live EPG recommendations, as well as support for VOD, enabling them to differentiate their service and enhance the user experience across a true multi-platform deployment. Our experience is second to none in delivering highly successful implementations for our customers over the past seven years and this has been critical in the successes our customers have achieved." Docherty added. ThinkAnalytics' Recommendations Engine enables broadcasters and pay-TV operators to deliver highly personalized TV recommendations that combine multiple sources of data (e.g. linear TV consumption, VOD, DVR, Web, tablets, mobile, social media, etc.) across screens in 12 languages. ThinkAnalytics' customers include some of the world's largest pay-TV service providers in North America and Europe, including: Liberty Global, Cox Communications, BSkyB and Virgin Media. ThinkAnalytics' Recommendations Engine was the first to market with proven massively scalable solutions, including:
- The industry's most comprehensive intelligent search and recommendations platform, incorporating multiple automated techniques that go beyond collaborative filtering for advanced personalization ;
- Live TV programming recommendations across multiple platforms, including the set-top box and second screens such as Web, mobile, tablets, OTT devices, etc.;
- Integrating Intelligent Navigation with multiple next-generation TV user interfaces and program guides;
- Social media interaction with Facebook, Twitter, etc.;
- Support for 12 languages.