But we didn't get into specific catalysts -- positive or negative -- that drive today's Pandora during this conversation. We focused almost solely on the process of an idea becoming a company. A company that hung on for dear life during the dot-com crash of 2000, emerging as not only one of the survivors, but a disruptive pioneer in radio and mobile advertising.
If you love start-up, tech, Internet and new media companies, you'll appreciate most, if not all, of Westergren has to say. He tells the classic start-up story that continues to evolve a few miles from Silicon Valley and now, as a public company, under the scrutiny of Wall Street.
Next week, we continue our start-up founder series with Cyrus Farudi of Capsule. You can see a short preview of that conversation here. We recorded it at what will be our flagship location just a few yards from the ocean.
While we'll ultimately focus on Silicon Beach companies (Southern California's Santa Monica/Venice corridor along the Pacific Coast), we will venture elsewhere. If you are the founder a start-up that has secured venture capital financing, please get in touch with me or
Manoj Rao of Media 11:11. We would love to explore having you on
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV