TORONTO, Feb. 11, 2013 /CNW/ - Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) today announced its intention, subject to the final approval of the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI), to redeem on March 13, 2013 (the "redemption date") all outstanding 4.84 per cent subordinated debentures due March 11, 2018 (the "4.84 per cent debentures") for 100 per cent of their principal amount plus accrued interest to the redemption date. The principal amount of 4.84 per cent debentures outstanding is $1,000,000,000.
The redemption of the debentures will be financed out of the general corporate funds of Royal Bank of Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV