News Summary: SBA Head Karen Mills To Resign
By The Associated Press
STEPPING DOWN: Small Business Administration head Karen Mills says she plans to resign. She joins a number of officials who are leaving the Obama administration.
SCORECARD: Under Mills, the SBA focused on helping companies not only by guaranteeing loans, but also providing more counseling so struggling businesses would be able to qualify for financing â¿¿ and eventually, to create jobs. The SBA also recruited more banks to make loans to small businesses. The agency also streamlined its loan application process.
THE REACTION: Small-business groups praised Mills for her work to help companies during tough economic times.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV