In addition, Ford and Lincoln dealers reported on the amount of time they and their employees donate monthly to local charities and nonprofits. The amount of volunteer time ranged between 31,954 hours and 58,370 hours per month, equating to a work force of as many as 4,380 people working year-round at 40 hours a week to benefit local concerns. Given nonprofits widely report budget and staff shortages, this additional resource represents a considerable boon for the country's charitable concerns.
- Conversely, 58,370 donated hours per month equates to 6.7 years of work done in a single year
- 20.2 percent of dealers invest 30 to 40 hours of time per month, representing 17,910 to 23,880 volunteer hours per month across Ford's dealer network
- 23.3 percent of dealers invest 10 to 20 hours of time per month, representing 6,890 to 13,780 volunteer hours per month across Ford's dealer network
- 39.7 percent of dealers invest one to 10 hours of time per month, representing 1,174 to 11,740 volunteer hours per month across Ford's dealer network
- 10.1 percent of dealers invest 20 to 30 hours of time per month, representing 5,980 to 8,970 volunteer hours per month across Ford's dealer network
Dealers were asked in the survey to indicate all the charities they donate both money and time to. The top charities were ranked as follows: children's causes (92.9 percent), education/scholarships (78.5 percent), religious-driven causes (63.1 percent), hunger relief (51.3 percent), veterans (47.4 percent), municipal services including police and fire (38.5 percent), disaster relief (27.6 percent), animal relief (26.9 percent) and environment (23.4 percent).
Salute to Dealers is conducted under the leadership of Edsel B. Ford II, a member of Ford's board of directors. The program was launched in 2001 to demonstrate the company's commitment to its thousands of dealer principals who step beyond their showroom doors to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
"While these survey results show the impressive contributions our dealers make across the U.S., it's key to note that our dealers contribute to charities and nonprofits around the world," said Ford. "It's clear how passionate they feel about their own local philanthropic support as a meaningful pursuit they pass on to their employees and future generations."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV