Other expense for fiscal year 2012 was $1.2 million compared to other income of $1.5 million in the prior year. For 2012, other expense reflects the adjustment in fair value of forward purchase contracts. In 2011, other income was primarily realized gains on the termination of foreign exchange hedging contracts.
Net loss applicable to common stockholders for fiscal year 2012 was $(169.4) million, or $(0.94) per share based on 180.9 million weighted average shares outstanding, compared to net loss applicable to common stockholders of $(160.8) million, or $(1.32) per share based on 121.8 million weighted average shares outstanding for fiscal year 2011. The number of common shares outstanding at December 31, 2012 was 286,035,082.
Cash and cash equivalents were $61.8 million at December 31, 2012 and $2.7 million at December 31, 2011.
Conference CallMannKind management will host a conference call to discuss these results today at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. To participate in the call please dial (800) 447-0521 or (847) 413-3238 and use the participant passcode: 34087260. To listen to the call via the Internet please visit http://www.mannkindcorp.com. The web site replay will be available for 14 days. A telephone replay will be accessible for approximately 14 days following completion of the call by dialing (888) 843-7419 or (630) 652-3042 and use the participant passcode: 3408 7260#. Presenting from the Company will be:
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Alfred Mann
- President and Chief Operating Officer Hakan Edstrom
- Corporate Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Matthew Pfeffer
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV