Advanced Photonix, Inc. ® (NYSE MKT: API) (the “Company”) today reported results for the third quarter ended December 28, 2012.
Financial Highlights for the Third Quarter Ended December 28, 2012
- Net sales for the quarter were $5.8 million, a decrease of $0.7 million or 10% from the third quarter ended December 30, 2011. Sequentially, revenues were up 4% relative to the second quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Gross profit margin for Q3 FY2013 was 42.0% of sales compared to 41.3% for the same quarter of fiscal 2012 due to a favorable product mix and cost reduction efforts.
- Current quarter net loss was $1,026,000 or $0.03 per diluted share, as compared to a quarterly loss of $812,000, or $0.03 per diluted share for the quarter ended December 30, 2011.
- The Non-GAAP net loss for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 was $700,000 or $0.02 per diluted share, as compared to a Non-GAAP net loss of $317,000, or $.01 per diluted share, for the third quarter last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA (which is defined as GAAP earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and stock compensation), was a negative $485,000 for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 as compared to a negative adjusted EBITDA of $1,000 for the quarter ended December 30, 2011.
The Company’s total operating expenses for the quarter were $3.5 million, comparable to the $3.5 million reported for the third quarter last year. As a percent of revenue, total operating expenses for the third quarter of 2013 relative to the third quarter of 2012 were 59% and 55% respectively.Richard Kurtz, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We continue to see signs of improving business condition although further out than we expected. Because of the continuing supply issues we have experienced and continue to have in our 100G HSOR product platform, we now expect a flat second half of fiscal 2013 relative to the first half with growth picking up in subsequent quarters. In anticipation of the drop in revenue in this second half, we have secured an additional $2.5 million in a credit facility to insure we can meet our growth plans this coming year. I would like to thank Partners for Growth for working with us to structure a financing deal that aligns our short term and long term debt and minimizes shareholder dilution. We plan to give our total revenue guidance for fiscal 2014 in June with our total year fiscal year 2013 results.”