Key Nielsen Highlights for the season three B premiere of "The Walking Dead":
Key Nielsen Highlights for the season three B premiere of "Talking Dead":
- 9pm airing – 7.3 HH rating with 12.3 million viewers; a +40%/+51% increase respectively over last year's season 2B premiere
- 9pm airing - Adults 18-49 delivered 7.7 million viewers; a +44% increase over last year's season 2B premiere
- 9pm airing - Adults 25-54 delivered 6.7 million viewers; a +51% increase over last year's season 2B premiere.
- 9pm premiere, 11pm, midnight and 2am airings grossed to 16.6 million viewers, 10.7 million Adults 18-49 and 8.9 million Adults 25-54
- 10pm: 2.6 HH rating with 4.1 million viewers, +225%/+371% vs. last year's season 2B premiere.
- 10pm: 2.7 million Adults 18-49, +396% vs. last year's season 2B premiere.
- 10pm: 2.3 million Adults 25-54, +369% vs. last year's season 2B premiere.
Source: Nielsen. Live+SD. M-Sa 8P-11P/Su 7P-11P. The Walking Dead Season 3B Premiere (2/10/13); Season 3 to Date 10/14/12-2/10/13 vs. 12/13 Season to Date (9/24/12-2/7/13) Broadcast and Cable. 9/13/93-2/7/12, Ad Supported Cable, Telecast Level Data. Excluding Sports, News, Specials. A18-49 (000). 3B Premiere (2/10/13) vs 2B Premiere (2/12/12). Qual Avail Upon Request.
as "the greatest thriller ever produced for television," "The Walking Dead" has become a juggernaut on social media. The series currently has close to 15 million likes on Facebook and last night "The Walking Dead" was a top trend on Twitter for the night of the mid-season premiere. Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman, the Emmy Award-winning series tells the story of the months and years that follow the zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home.
AMC reigns as the only cable network in history to ever win the Emmy
Award for Outstanding Drama Series four years in a row. Whether commemorating favorite films from every genre and decade or creating acclaimed original programming, the AMC experience is an uncompromising celebration of great stories. AMC's original stories include: "Mad Men," "Breaking Bad," "The Walking Dead," "The Killing" and "Hell on Wheels." AMC further demonstrates its commitment to the art of storytelling with its slate of unscripted original series, as well as curated movie franchises like
AMC's Can't Get Enough
AMC's Crazy About
. AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, Sundance Channel and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile. AMC: Story Matters Here
CONTACT: Press Contacts: