First Solar (FSLR) designs, manufactures and sells solar electric power modules using a proprietary thin film semiconductor technology. This stock is trading up 5.8% at $32.16 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 4.60 millionAverage Volume: 4.19 million Volume % Change: 58% >>2 Hot Stocks to Trade (or Not) From a technical perspective, FSLR is ripping higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $30.62 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing shares of FSLR within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if FSLR manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $31.99 to $32.65 with high volume. At last check, FSLR has hit an intraday high of $32.47 and volume is above its three-month average action of 4.19 million shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in FSLR as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $30.62, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 4.19 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then FSLR will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $35.60.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV