Consol Energy (CNX) is a multi-fuel energy producer and energy services provider that mainly serves the electric power generation industry in the U.S. This stock is trading up 4% at $33.03 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.62 millionAverage Volume: 2.54 million Volume % Change: 52% >>5 Stock Charts You Need to See From a technical perspective, CNX is ripping higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $32.02 with above-average volume. This move has started to push shares of CNX into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $32.99. At last check, CNX has hit an intraday high of $33.18 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 2.54 million shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CNX as long as it's trending above $32 to $32.99 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above its three-month average action of 2.45 million shares as bullish. If CNX can maintain that trend, then this stock will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $35.27 to $35.50. Any high-volume move above those levels will then put $37 to $37.12 into range for shares of CNX. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV