CSX (CSX) operates as a transportation supplier. Its rail and intermodal businesses provide rail-based transportation services including traditional rail service and the transport of intermodal containers and trailers. This stock is trading up 2.8% at $22.59 in recent trading. Today's Volume: 10.45 million Average Volume: 9.35 million Volume % Change: 52%
Shares of CSX are trending higher today following a positive Barron's mention over the weekend.>>5 Rocket Stocks Ready for Blastoff From a technical perspective, CSX is gapping notably higher here right above its 200-day moving average of $21.25 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing shares of CSX within range of triggering a major breakout trade, which will hit if CSX manages to clear some key overhead resistance at $22.67 and then once it takes out more resistance at $23.13 to $23.19 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CSX as long as it's trending above its 200-day at $21.25, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 9.35 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then CSX will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $25 to $26.08.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV