What began as a simple message from a Facebook fan has turned into an International olfactory phenomenon. “I love the smell of a fresh Pizza Hut pizza so much, I wish I could bottle it,” a customer posted in late 2012. The brand that lives to “Make it Great” answered the charge by working with a world renowned Aromachologist to develop the one and only Eau de Pizza Hut.
The new, highly exclusive scent is available for the first time globally, but will only be awarded to the biggest Pizza Hut fans on a limited country-by-country basis. More than ten global markets will begin awarding fans the delicious scent today, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
“The Eau de Pizza Hut is perhaps the most unique scent we’ve ever developed,” said Ashlee Firsten of Aromachology, a NY-based custom perfumery. “The cologne has a slightly sweet base scent of freshly rising dough, but finishes decidedly savory with hints of Italian spice like oregano, vine-ripened tomato sauce, the crispness of fresh-sliced vegetables and all wrapped by wafts of cheesy goodness. It’s really a quite complex combination of aromas that results in the hunger-inducing smell of a fresh Pizza Hut pizza.”
A prototype of the Eau de Pizza Hut was released with less than 100 bottles in Canada late last year, but demand quickly built from consumers around the world prompting Pizza Hut to increase production and release the cologne globally.“In many ways, we feel like a celebrity launching our signature scent,” said Alan Gravely, CMO, Yum! Restaurants International. “We had no idea that the notion of a cologne that smells like our fresh pizzas would generate this level of passion from people who want to get their hands on a bottle. In an effort to Make it Great, we are producing 1,000 more bottles and awarding them to our fans – this time with a scent that’s even more distinctively evocative of a Pizza Hut pizza.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV