Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense operational committee, announced that Scott Davis, UPS Chairman and CEO, will sign a Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve on February 12, 2013. Davis will sign the pledge in a ceremony at 10:00 a.m. in the UPS Corporate Offices in Atlanta, Ga. and will be joined by ESGR National Chair James Rebholz, Lt. Gen. James Jackson, commander of the Air Force Reserve Command, and Maj. Gen. Jim Butterworth, The Adjutant General of Georgia.
In 1996, the year the Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award was created, UPS's Central Florida District was one of five employers to receive the award. In 2002, the entire UPS enterprise was honored with the Freedom Award, the nation's highest recognition for employers supporting National Guard and Reserve members. UPS reports that veterans, Guardsmen and Reservists make up 7.5 percent of its global workforce and the company showed a 35 percent increase in veteran hires over the previous year.
The Statement of Support confirms UPS’s pledge to:
- Fully recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA).
- Ensure managers and supervisors have the tools they need to effectively manage those employees who serve in the Guard and Reserve.
- Appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists and Veterans.
- Continually recognize and support our country’s service members and their families in peace, in crises and in war.
"Supportive employers like UPS are critical to maintaining the readiness and strength of the nation’s Guard and Reserve units and allow Guardsmen and Reservists the opportunity to serve our country more effectively and with greater peace of mind," said James Rebholz, ESGR National Chair. "By signing this Statement of Support, UPS sends a clear message they stand committed to their military employees and recognize the integrity, global perspective and proven leadership they bring to the workplace.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV