WASHINGTON, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The United Nations Foundation today named Julie Smolyansky, CEO of Lifeway Foods, INC (LWAY) as a member of its Global Entrepreneurs Council (GEC), a group of leading innovators dedicated to helping the Foundation apply an entrepreneurial approach to its mission of helping the United Nations solve global problems. The 2013-2014 Council is comprised of 10 of today's leading entrepreneurs under the age of 45, and draws from multiple industry sectors.
"To help the UN solve global problems, we must adopt an entrepreneurial approach, turning the challenges of this generation into opportunities," said UN Foundation President & CEO Kathy Calvin. "With leaders like Julie Smolyansky of Lifeway Foods, the Global Entrepreneurs Council brings a fresh way of thinking to our efforts and will help us sharpen support for the UN's best work around the world."
Julie Smolyansky became the youngest female CEO of a publicly held firm when she took over her father's kefir business in 2002 at the age of 27. Lifeway Foods has grown from $12 million in sales in 2002 to almost $90 million in 2012."I am honored to have been invited to join the UN Foundation Global Entrepreneurs Council," said Julie Smolyansky, CEO of Lifeway Foods. "I look forward to collaborating with my fellow Council members as we tackle some of the world's most pressing issues from global malnutrition and health to educating girls and women to ending violence against girls and women. Using innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship, we can lift humanity in ways not possible 20 years ago." The GEC is comprised of a unique group of entrepreneurs from multiple sectors who have proven leadership experience in the areas of global advocacy and philanthropy, as well as business. The members of the 2013-2014 GEC include:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV