1. Peabody Energy Corp. (BTU): Engages in the exploration, mining, and production of coal. Market cap at $6.37B, most recent closing price at $23.73. Investors feel their Australian mining platform is "strategically positioned to benefit from this rise in Asian demand."
2. Arch Coal Inc. (ACI): Engages in the production and sale of steam and metallurgical coal from surface and underground mines located throughout the United States As of December 31, 2010, it operated or contracted out the operation of 23 active mines; and owned or controlled approximately 4. Market cap at $1.22B, most recent closing price at $5.75. Of Note: Net institutional sales in the current quarter at -14.3M shares, which represents about 6.78% of the company's float of 210.77M shares.
3. Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. (ANR): Engages in the production, processing, and sale of coal in the United States. Market cap at $1.81B, most recent closing price at $8.23. Of note: Net institutional purchases in the current quarter at 15.5M shares, which represents about 7.1% of the company's float of 218.16M shares.4. CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX): Engages in the production of multi-fuel energy and provision of energy services primarily to the electric power generation industry in the United States. Market cap at $7.24B, most recent closing price at $31.73. Last Thursday Consol announced it will pay an estimated $500 million over the next 20 years for the right to drill for shale gas on 9,263 acres surrounding the Findlay airport. 5. Market Vectors Global Coal Index (KOL): The ETF seeks to replicate as closely as possible the price and yield return performance of the Stowe Coal Index (COAL or the Index) by investing in a portfolio of securities that generally replicates COAL. 6. PowerShares Global Coal Portfolio (PKOL): The Fund is based on the NASDAQ OMX Global Coal IndexSM (Index). The Fund will normally invest at least 90% of its total assets in securities that comprise the Index and American depositary receipts and global despositary receipts based on the securities in the Index. (List compiled by Kapitall contributor Nick Sousa)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV