SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) today announced it will be participating in two San Francisco Lunar New Year festivals, where it will provide Bay Area Chinese-American communities with information on the utility's financial assistance, energy efficiency and scholarship programs. In addition, the utility today launched its weekly Twitter post in Chinese.
" Lunar New Year is a special time of renewal and giving thanks, during which we sweep away the misfortunes of the past in order to welcome prosperity, good luck, and excellent health for the future," said Fong Wan, senior vice president of Energy Procurement at PG&E and sponsoring officer for PG&E's InspirAsian Employee Resource Group (ERG). "PG&E is honored to join Chinese-American communities in celebrating this significant occasion. We would also like to use this opportunity to better engage our Chinese customers on various energy-saving tips through social media."
PG&E's volunteers and members of its InspirAsian ERG will be available to answer questions and provide information about various PG&E programs at the Chinese New Year Community Fair on Saturday, February 23 in San Francisco's Chinatown District, and at the Chinese New Year Parade that evening in downtown San Francisco.
These events reflect PG&E's longstanding commitment to reach its diverse customers in the communities where they work and live. Through advertising in Chinese language media, appearing at regional cultural events and working with local groups, the utility shares information on safety, cost saving and scholarships. The direct outreach not only helps critical material reach insular members of the community, but also provides economic benefits to a range of Chinese owned businesses and organizations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV