News Summary: Greek Farmers Launch Daily Blockades
By The Associated Press
TOUGH ROW TO HOE: Greece's farmers launched a campaign of highway blockades, as the conservative-led government said deep spending cuts were helping the country beat budget targets.
FARMERS MARKET: farmers are protesting a government decision to scrap tax breaks on farming incomes and on gasoline for farm vehicles. They are also against delays in subsidy payments.
BITTER HARVEST: The dispute is the latest in an escalating series of protests, fueled by a new round of government pay cuts and tax increases. The latest austerity measures were introduced this year as Greece battles a sixth year of recession and high unemployment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV