Georgetown University Economics Professor And Former FCC Chief Economist Marius Schwartz Rejoins Bates White's Antitrust Practice
Dr. Schwartz specializes in the application of industrial organization and microeconomic theory to competition and regulatory matters. Besides his government work, he has served as an expert economist for private parties on numerous merger and conduct matters involving issues of horizontal and vertical restraints and exclusionary practices, including the FCC′s television stations ownership cap, the AT&T/SBC merger, net neutrality, and the proposed search advertising alliance between Yahoo! and Google. Currently, Dr. Schwartz is serving as a testifying expert on behalf of AirTran Airways, Inc., in In re Delta/Airtran Airline Baggage Fee Antitrust Litigation. He has published extensively in leading professional journals on topics in antitrust, industrial organization, regulation, and telecommunications.
"We are delighted to be working with Dr. Schwartz again," said George Rozanski, co-chair of Bates White's Antitrust and Competition Practice. "Marius has tremendous expertise in the antitrust analysis of horizontal and vertical mergers, vertical restraints, and matters in the communications industries. He combines a rigorous academic background with extensive practical experience in antitrust enforcement and the development of economic policy."
Dr. Schwartz is one of five former FCC Chief Economists affiliated with Bates White, a group that includes Drs. Martin Perry, Leslie Marx, Gregory Crawford, and Joseph Farrell.
SOURCE Bates White
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV