Everyday Health Announces Strong Financial Performance In 2012
NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Everyday Health, Inc., the leading digital health and wellness company, today announced that its multi-brand, multi-platform strategy continues to drive solid growth across its portfolio of premier health and lifestyle properties. The company's advertising and sponsorship revenue increased 24 percent in 2012 over 2011, and revenue from top 20 advertiser brands grew 28 percent in the same timeframe.
Everyday Health's revenue growth stemmed from providing best-in-breed content – evidenced by numerous accolades such as Medical Marketing & Media's All-Star Media Brand of the Year award, a Daytime Emmy nomination for its television series "Everyday Health", and a prestigious Gerald Loeb Award for MedPage Today's collaboration with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on "Side Effects" investigative series - and its continued focus on providing innovative and multi-channel marketing solutions, incorporating robust post-campaign analytics and ROI measurement.
"We are incredibly proud of our financial performance in 2012 and believe the trends in the digital health and lifestyle sectors are very positive," stated CEO and Co-Founder Ben Wolin. "We continue to build momentum across the business and expect more pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods and lifestyle customers will embrace the online data-driven solutions we offer."In addition to strong revenue growth, Everyday Health's achievements during 2012 included the following highlights:
- Increasing the total registered base of consumers to more than 55 million
- Growing visits to operated properties by 30 percent over 2011
- Launching the "Recipe Rehab" food platform and weekly television series on ABC, the first show from a YouTube original channel to air on network TV
- Enhancing MedPage Today, resulting in 41 percent growth in physicians and healthcare professionals in 2012 and 18 percent growth in the number of visits during 2012
- Surpassing ten million downloads of the company's mobile applications across multiple platforms
- Acquiring EQAL, which creates and manages branded content digital media properties for health and lifestyle oriented consumer brands and celebrities
- Expanding the blue-chip investor base to include Silver Lake Waterman Fund, through a debt financing with Silver Lake and existing partner Silicon Valley Bank
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts