Theresa and Dave Hoover, Son/Nephew Killed in Aurora Theatre Shooting, Will Attend the State of the Union with Rep. Ed Perlmutter and Rep. Rosa DeLauro
More than 120 Survivors and Family Members in DC as Part of Mayors Against Illegal Guns' Demand A Plan Campaign; www.DemandAPlan.org
WASHINGTON, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Coloradans affected by gun violence will be part of more than 120 survivors and family members in Washington this week as part of Mayors Against Illegal Guns' Demand A Plan campaign for common-sense gun law reforms that will help end the gun violence that kills 33 Americans every day. Survivors and family members are coming from 21 states and Washington, DC.
Theresa Hoover, whose son A.J. Boik was murdered in the Aurora movie theatre shooting, will attend the State of the Union with Representative Ed Perlmutter. Dave Hoover, A.J.'s uncle, will also attend with Representative Rosa DeLauro.As part of their meetings with members of Congress this week, survivors and family members will advocate for legislation that will:
- Require every gun buyer to pass a criminal background check
- Get military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines off our streets
- Make gun trafficking a federal crime.
- Stephen Barton, survivor of Aurora theatre shooting
- Lasamoa Cross, boyfriend killed in Aurora theatre shooting
- Theresa Hoover, son killed in Aurora theatre shooting
- Dave Hoover, nephew killed in Aurora theatre shooting
- William Hoover, grandson killed in Aurora theatre shooting
- Amanda Hoover, cousin killed in Aurora theatre shooting
- Sandy, Mindy and David Moses, son/brother killed by gun violence
- Maisha Pollard, brother killed by gun violence