The Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officers of Toll Brothers (NYSE: TOL), and the Chief Executive Officers of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY) and Trex Co., Inc. (NYSE: TREX) are among the corporate executives named as the recipients of the thirteenth annual “E-3 Awards,” presented by Emerald Asset Management at the Twentieth Annual Emerald Groundhog Day Investment Forum. The Forum was held in Philadelphia on February 7, 2013.
Joseph Besecker, President of Emerald Asset Management said, “We created this unique award to recognize leaders who epitomize the qualities that are inherent in the most successful business leaders – qualities that reflect an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence,” adding, “The award’s name – E-3 – reflects these criteria: the Emerald Entrepreneurial and Excellence Award.” Joseph Garner, Director of Research for Emerald, said, “These leaders have taken risks and fueled innovation. They have created jobs and built companies. They have bested their competitors and rewarded their employees and shareholders. They are leaders in every sense of the word.”
Through an intensive multi-faceted process, Emerald’s team of research analysts and portfolio managers identified corporate leaders who have demonstrated:
- A creative “outside the box” approach to corporate achievement;
- An entrepreneurial approach that maximizes human initiative;
- A corporate culture that promotes personal and corporate excellence;
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment: creating jobs, stimulating growth, and enhancing shareholder value; and
- An ability to effectively identify and adapt cutting-edge technologies and processes.
The 2013 winners of the E-3 Award are:Public Company Executive Award :
- Robert I. Toll, Executive Chairman and Douglas C. Yearley, Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Toll Brothers, Inc. (NYSE: TOL)
- John M. Maraganore, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALNY)
- Ronald W. Kaplan, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Trex Co., Inc. (NYSE: TREX)