Prior to joining Huffington Post, Murphy was vice president, business development and operations for CNN News Group where he developed strategic content syndication, marketing and distribution partnerships for CNN digital and select CNN television network properties. He also advised Madison Square Garden and Ticketmaster in the launch and marketing of TicketExchange, an online secondary ticketing service for the New York Knicks and New York Rangers, and was a founding member and head of sponsorship marketing in American Express' Global Advertising and Brand Management Group.
Murphy has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering and Management from Tufts University and an MBA degree from the Wharton School. He is on the leadership board of the Council of Urban Professionals and served for several years on the boards of Brewster Academy and South Orange Performing Arts Center. Murphy and his wife are the proud parents of three teenagers.
USA TODAY is a multi-platform news and information media company. Founded in 1982, USA TODAY's mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation. Through its unique visual storytelling, USA TODAY delivers high-quality and engaging content across print, digital, social and video platforms. An innovator of news and information, USA TODAY reflects the pulse of the nation and serves as the host of the American conversation – today, tomorrow and for decades to follow. USA TODAY, the nation's number one newspaper in print circulation with an average of nearly 1.8 million daily, and USATODAY.com, an award-winning newspaper website launched in 1995, reach a combined 6.6 million readers daily. USA TODAY is a leader in mobile applications with more than 16 million downloads on mobile devices. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV