MCLEAN, Va., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- USA TODAY announced today that Derek Murphy has been named executive vice president and general manager of USA TODAY. The announcement was made by Larry Kramer, president and publisher of USA TODAY. Murphy, previously general manager of multicultural media at AOL Huffington Post Media Group, will manage day-to-day operations of USA TODAY and report to Kramer.
" USA TODAY is looking toward the future and Derek's role will be to manage the transition of USA TODAY to a digital-first enterprise," said Kramer. "He will lead a dynamic senior leadership team to grow the USA TODAY brand. I believe his experience and expertise will guide us well as we expand our digital footprint."
"I'm excited to join the USA TODAY team and look forward to contributing to its future success. USA TODAY is an iconic media brand and I can't wait to build on the remarkable work that has been done recently with the reimagination of its print and digital products," said Murphy.
Murphy is an enterprising business development and operations executive with deep experience building brands and growing traditional and digital businesses in the financial services, media and entertainment industries. As general manager of multicultural media at AOL Huffington Post Media Group he led the overall strategy, audience development, operational and business performance for the launch and management of several new multicultural websites and related content and advertising partnerships. Murphy joined Huffington Post in 2009 as senior vice president, business development, where he was responsible for structuring strategic partnerships to scale the business and deliver material growth in content offerings, brand presence, audience engagement and revenues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV