MONTREAL, Feb. 11, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Laurentian Bank of Canada (LB:TO) released its management proxy circular today in view of its annual and special meeting of shareholders to be held in Montréal this coming March 19. The Circular is available on SEDAR, as well as in the Investor Relations section of the Bank's Internet site. The notice of meeting, Circular, and related documents will be sent out to shareholders in the coming days. The Circular contains all the necessary information to enable shareholders to exercise their voting rights.
Changes to the Board's Chair After serving as director of the Bank for 11 years, including 10 as Chairman, Mr. Denis L. Desautels has decided to step down, effective after the next shareholders' meeting.
Mr. Réjean Robitaille, President and CEO, had the following comments regarding Mr. Desautel's departure: "We have been privileged to be able to count on a man of Mr. Desautels' calibre for all these years. Over the course of that period, which saw the Bank reposition itself and very significantly increase its financial performance, he played an important role in the evolution of our institution. Consistently committed to acting in the best interest of all stakeholders, his invaluable guidance and leadership were instrumental in paving the way for the Bank's decisions."
Considering Mr. Desautels' departure, and to comply with the fixed number of Directors set out in the Bank's general by-laws, the Bank has proposed Mr. Michel Lavigne as nominee. A Fellow of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, Mr. Lavigne was a partner at Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton and served as its President and CEO from 2001 to 2005. In light of the foregoing, the 13 director nominees are the following:
- Pierre Anctil, President and CEO, Fiera Axium Infrastructure Inc.
- Lise Bastarache, Economist and Corporate Director
- Jean Bazin, Q.C., Counsel with Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP
- Richard Bélanger, FCA, President, Toryvel Group Inc.
- Isabelle Courville, Corporate Director
- Pierre Genest, Chairman of the Board, SSQ Life Insurance Company Inc.
- Michel Labonté, Corporate Director
- Michel Lavigne, FCPA, CPA, Corporate Director
- Jacqueline C. Orange, Corporate Director
- Marie-France Poulin, Vice-President, Camada Group Inc.
- Réjean Robitaille, FCA, President and CEO, Laurentian Bank
- Michelle R. Savoy, Corporate Director
- Jonathan I. Wener, C.M., Chairman of the Board, Canderel Management Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts