DETROIT, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Comerica Bank announced that it will offer its Grand Slam Grant for the third consecutive year. The program offers two $10,000 grants to high school baseball or softball teams to create, expand or improve their programs. Like last year's Grand Slam Grant program, Comerica will award the grants to one high school from Southeast Michigan, and another in the Central/ West Michigan region.
"Comerica is proud to support Michigan's hometown teams by presenting the Grand Slam Grant for the third consecutive year," said Thomas D. Ogden, president, Comerica Bank-Michigan. "In the first two years of the grant program, local coaches and school administrators have demonstrated incredible passion and creative thinking when it comes to improving youth programs and positively impacting the community. We can't wait to see their amazing ideas this year."
The grant recipients will be recognized on the field prior to the game on April 6 against the New York Yankees during the Detroit Tigers 2013 opening weekend. In addition to the grant, each winning school will also receive tickets to the opening weekend game.Public high schools in Comerica's markets of Southeast Michigan and Central and West Michigan are eligible to apply for the Grand Slam Grant. One grant recipient will be chosen from each of the two regions. The funds can be used for field improvements, equipment, training camps, or other baseball or softball-related expenses. Grant applications will be reviewed for a variety of criteria including overall need, creativity, and school and community impact. The grant recipient will be selected by the Comerica Bank Grand Slam Grant Selection Committee, consisting of representatives from Comerica Bank and the Detroit Tigers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV