WALLDORF, Germany, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced it has been positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Business Intelligence and Analytics Magic Quadrant.
In 2012, SAP delivered several key innovations in the business intelligence (BI) platform, including:
- SAP® Visual Intelligence software: Announced in May, the software allows employees, departments and lines of business to creatively visualize and analyze information and apply it to individual and group decision-making.
- Mobile BI: SAP enhanced the mobile experience with the SAP® BusinessObjects™ Mobile mobile app. Designed natively for iPad, users can visualize, explore and collaborate from within the mobile app and share business performance through personalized and simple views in a secure environment. Also included was the addition of both geo-spatial and location analytics in the mobile app.
- SAP® Predictive Analysis software: Introduced in 2012 to help companies gain insights from "big data," the software helps users gain a competitive edge by uncovering and predicting trends in their business. Data analysts can intuitively design sophisticated predictive models for activities that include forecasting demand or product sales; identifying key influencing factors for sales opportunities or purchasing behavior; uncovering impactful trends; understanding business and data correlations; and spotting anomalies.
"Business intelligence and analytics are creating competitive advantage for companies that can take advantage of new information streams and provide real-time data to all employees," said John Schweitzer, senior vice president and general manager, Analytics, SAP. "We believe this recognition by Gartner of our enterprise BI strength and the innovation we are delivering across self-service, mobile and predictive analytics is a testament to how we enable our customers to win with analytics."For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Media Contact: Jason Grosse, +1 (415) 694-8554, firstname.lastname@example.org, PST SOURCE SAP AG
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV