LAS VEGAS, Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) today announced that is has filed a petition with the State of New Jersey Casino Control Commission (NJCCC) requesting that the NJCCC and New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE) initiate a review process under which the Company could seek to be permitted to return to the New Jersey market as a fully qualified casino licensee. The petition notes that since 2010 MGM has taken a controlling interest in MGM Macau's parent company MGM China Holdings and that MGM China Holdings is now listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. The company said, "MGM Resorts International is, and always has been, committed to the highest standards of operation and regulatory compliance. If our petition is successful we would welcome the opportunity to once again be an active, contributing member of the New Jersey gaming marketplace through our 50% ownership of Borgata. Our company is appreciative of the NJDGE's willingness to consider our application."
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies, operating a portfolio of destination resort brands including Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage. The Company also owns 51% of MGM China Holdings Limited, which owns the MGM Macau resort and casino and is in the process of developing a gaming resort in Cotai, and 50% of CityCenter in Las Vegas, which features ARIA resort and casino. For more information about MGM Resorts International, visit the Company's website at www.mgmresorts.com.
Statements in this release that are not historical facts are "forward-looking" statements and "safe harbor statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that involve risks and/or uncertainties, including risks and/or uncertainties as described in the Company's public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV