MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Synopsys® and ARM extend collaboration agreement to include ARM® Fast Models of ARMv8 processors
- Synopsys VDK Family for ARMv8 Processors enables OS bring-up, firmware and driver development for products using ARMv8 processors up to a year before board availability
- Multicore/multi-cluster software analysis capabilities allow developers to optimize software for product performance and energy efficiency
- Semiconductor vendors can create a VDK for their SoC for use by their own software developers as well as those at their customers and partners
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS), a global leader providing software, IP and services used to accelerate innovation in chips and electronic systems, today announced the extension of its software development tools offering for ARM processor-based systems with the VDK Family for ARMv8 Processors. Synopsys VDKs (Virtualizer™ Development Kits) are software development kits using virtual prototypes as the embedded target. Utilizing the VDK for ARMv8 processors, software teams can start development of software for ARMv8-based SoC (system-on-chip) designs up to 12 months prior to board availability, accelerating operating system bring-up as well as firmware, device driver and middleware development. The new VDK Family builds on the success of the VDK Family for ARMv7 Processors, which Synopsys announced last year.
Alongside its traditional 32-bit instruction set, ARMv8 introduced AArch64, a power-optimized 64-bit instruction set and execution state for future generations of mobile, consumer, networking and enterprise SoCs. Synopsys VDKs include support for AArch64, offering visibility and controllability to accelerate the development and debug of software running on ARMv8 architecture compliant processors. This enables developers to optimize software for product performance and energy efficiency. The VDK Family for ARMv8 Processors comes pre-configured with reference virtual prototypes that incorporate models of ARMv8 processors such as the Cortex™-A57 and Cortex-A53, as well as big.LITTLE™ configurations and models of Synopsys DesignWare® Interface IP. Synopsys VDKs also provide support for Linux software stacks as a starting point for developing actual product software.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts