LifeMap Sciences, Inc., a subsidiary of BioTime, Inc. (NYSE MKT:BTX), announced today that according to Google Analytics, the Company’s databases have attracted over two million unique visitors in the previous 12 months. Since the announcement of the acquisition of Xennex in May 2012, LifeMap launched LifeMap Discovery™, a database resource for stem cell research, and MalaCards, a database with nearly 17,000 human disease entries. These assets, combined with GeneCards ®, a compendium of human genes, provide an integrated database suite with diverse commercial opportunities in science and medicine. LifeMap Sciences holds the exclusive worldwide license to market GeneCards ® and MalaCards from Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd., the commercial arm of the Weizmann Institute of Science. LifeMap Discovery™ is a database owned and developed by LifeMap Sciences. In this update, LifeMap describes the nature of its current users, and outlines for the first time its goals for 2013 in marketing products to this user base.
According to Google Analytics, the sites have generated more than 2,000,000 unique visitors with more than 13,000,000 page views in the past 12 months. LifeMap clients and partners include dozens of large, fee-paying pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as leading government patent offices, and its products are used free of charge by scientists at more than a thousand academic institutions worldwide.
LifeMap achievements since the last update include:
- Oct 2012 – Commercial launch of MalaCards
- Nov 2012 – Commercial launch of LifeMap Discovery™
- Nov 2012 – Release of GeneCards ® version 1.09
- Nov 2012 – Launch of LifeMap BioReagents™ portal to market BioTime’s research products
- Nov 2012 – Signing of definitive agreement with ProSpec-Tany TechnoGene, a biotechnology company specializing in production of bacterial-derived recombinant proteins, through which LifeMap Sciences will be offering recombinant proteins, many of which are related to stem cell research
- Nov 2012 – Filing for patent protection of first intellectual property generated from LifeMap’s data-mining technology
- Dec 2012 – First shared publication with BioTime in the peer-reviewed journal Regenerative Medicine
- Jan 2013 – Publication in the peer-reviewed journal Bioinformatics of a research report describing a non-redundant compendium of human non-coding RNA, authored by GeneCards ® scientists under the supervision of Professor Doron Lancet from the Department of Molecular Genetics at the Weizmann Institute of Science
- Feb 2013 – Release of MalaCards version 1.03
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts