Perhaps with the recent success of electric vehicles, Apple would move away from traditional automakers, and maybe work with Tesla Motors (TSLA), where there are already grounds for a relationship.
George Blankenship, Tesla's vice president of worldwide sales and ownership experience (who I interviewed in June), is a former Apple guy. In fact, Tesla's retail experience is a direct result of Blankenship's time at Apple.
I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that Apple has (or had) plans for an iCar somewhere in the drawers in Cupertino. You can also guarantee that Siri would (or will) likely play a major role in it too.--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV