"Indego is the only robotic exoskeleton that can be worn by a person while in his or her own wheelchair, as well as in a vehicle or even a restaurant booth," said Clare Hartigan, a physical therapist at Shepherd Center who leads the clinical research. "The device can be used for mobility on all surfaces, including stairs."
Shepherd Center is proud to be a part of this effort and looks forward to testing Indego with other diagnoses such as stroke and multiple sclerosis, she says.
"We are impressed with how easy Indego is for people to use, as well as its potential to provide compensatory gait for those with motor complete injuries, in addition to its rehabilitative potential for those who are motor incomplete," Hartigan said. "The level of independence Indego offers is unprecedented."
To learn more about Indego, visit: http://Indego.parker.comAbout Parker Hannifin With annual sales exceeding $13 billion in fiscal year 2012, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company employs approximately 60,000 people in 48 countries around the world. For more information, visit the company's web site at www.parker.com. About Shepherd CenterShepherd Center, located in Atlanta, Ga., is a private, not-for-profit hospital specializing in medical treatment, research and rehabilitation for people with spinal cord injury or brain injury. Founded in 1975, Shepherd Center is ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the top 10 rehabilitation hospitals in the nation and is a 152-bed facility. For more information, visit Shepherd Center online at shepherd.org. SOURCE Parker Hannifin Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV