CompTIA Forms New Telecom Advisory Council
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- CompTIA, the non-profit association for the information technology (IT) industry, today announced the formation of a new industry group centered on the growing convergence of telecom and IT.
The CompTIA Telecom Advisory Council will provide strategic insight and vendor-neutral guidance on the evolving and expanding relationships between agents who resell telecom services and IT firms that focus on data needs.
"These two channels, once separate and distinct, have come closer together out of business necessity and customer demand," said Jeff Ponts, executive vice president, DataTel Solutions, Inc., and co-chair of the CompTIA Telecom Advisory Council. "The convergence of voice and data, the emergence of cloud computing and the explosion of mobile technology are some of the factors bringing these two groups together."Telecom agent-solution provider partnerships have the potential to be profitable. A 2012 study by Channel Partners and CompTIA found that these partnerships are generating significant business, with some companies earning up to three-quarters of annual revenue from these strategic and tactical collaborations. But there also are potential pitfalls: poor communications, a lack of rules on engagement, failure to understand each other's business model. "We intend to identify the factors that lead to success and to guide the development of education and training regimens, research, credentials and other resources for the industry so that business partners can succeed and their customers can benefit," said Scott Levy, vice president, enterprise development, AOTMP and co-chair of the CompTIA council. Mike Saxby, president, Communications Management Services, will serve as vice chair of the group. Other members of the CompTIA Telecom Advisory Council include:
- Laura Bernstein, president, CRA Telecom, Inc.
- Shawn Cordner, chief executive officer, In2itive Marketing
- Larry Foster, president and general manager, PINNACLE
- Hilary Gadda, director, telepartner channels, Telepacific Communications
- Ian Kleninger, chief executive officer, Avant Communications
- Jack Knocke, owner, The VAR Advisor
- Michael Paynter, chief executive officer, Tier3 Technologies
- Greg Plum, vice president, channel development, Start Meeting
- Bill Potter, chief executive officer, Message Broadcast
- Peter Radizeski, telecom consultant, Rad-Info, Inc.
- Meggin Sawyer, vice president, enterprise division sales, ADTRAN
- Bryan Schroder, principal, Cynergy Services
- Richard Williams, executive director, channels, Verizon
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV