Shares of the embattled Canadian handset maker, which recently unveiled its much-delayed BlackBerry 10 technology, have been under pressure recently. The company's stock lost 2.77% during Friday's trading.
BlackBerry was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on Monday on share volume of 763,942.
Zynga (ZNGA), however, was a winner in premarket trading on Monday, climbing 4.08% to $3.57.The San Francisco firm was also one of the most active pre-market Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 743,208. Shares of the social gamer closed up 11% during Friday's trading, boosted by strong fourth-quarter results and the possibility that New Jersey could legalize online gambling. Zynga partner Facebook (FB) was another active premarket stock, rising 0.47% to $28.68 on share volume of 127,190. Apple (AAPL) shares gained 0.37% to $476.75 on share volume of 124,299. Vodafone (VOD) stock dipped 0.55% to $27.36. Google (GOOG) shares slipped 0.79% to $779.15 before market open. The company's chairman, Eric Schmidt, plans to sell more than 40% of his shares in the Internet search giant. Cisco (CSCO), which reports its fiscal second-quarter results after market close on Wednesday, gained 0.61% to reach $21.29. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV