ALS Reviewed By NeuroPerspective
CARDIFF, Calif., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NI Research has released the February issue of NeuroPerspective. The issue features a comprehensive review of ALS, and the continuing but frustrating search for a genuinely useful treatment for the treatment of this devastating illness.
"Just as Alzheimer's slowly erases memory and personality, ALS gradually destroys muscle control, leaving patients almost invariably doomed to death from respiratory failure. The Phase III failure of Biogen-Idec/Knopp's dexpramipexole has provided yet another reminder of how difficult it has been to achieve any headway against ALS," said Harry Tracy, Ph.D., editor and publisher of NeuroPerspective.
The 21-page issue includes: 1) An overview of the pathophysiology of ALS; a reconsideration of SOD1 anomalies in recapitulating phenotype rather than genotype; and the growing interest in therapeutic approaches that address immunoreactive and inflammatory factors.
2) Programs covered in the review include those from Biogen-Idec and Isis Pharmaceuticals, Neuraltus, Newron, NeuralStem, BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics, Cambria Pharmaceuticals, Regenesance, Amorfix, KineMed, and Cytokinetics, plus many others. The prominent role of ALS TDI in ALS research is noted, as is its intriguing program assessing the potential value of Novartis' Gilenya as an ALS therapeutic.3) Other coverage and commentary in the February issue includes:
- Genentech's licensing of the Afraxis PAK program
- Executive Turbulence at AstraZeneca and EnVivo Pharmaceuticals
- Teva and Tire Irons: The Risk of Going MAD
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV