Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, announced that Technology Centre Mongstad (TCM) is using aspenONE® software at the world’s largest industrial-scale facility for testing and improving CO 2 capture technologies.
TCM uses Aspen Plus® software and Aspen InfoPlus.21® software for planning, follow-up and verification of test programs and results. TCM’s use of the Aspen Plus and Aspen IP.21 product families shows that process manufacturers can reduce carbon emissions more economically, resulting in lower plant operating costs and reduced environmental impact.
TCM is owned by the Norwegian Government and leading global energy companies. TCM’s goals are to: 1) test, verify and demonstrate CO 2 capture technology owned and marketed by vendors, 2) reduce costs, technical, environmental and financial risks, 3) encourage the development of the market for CO 2 capture technology, and 4) aim at international deployment.
aspenONE software enables process industry companies to optimize their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, the world’s leading manufacturers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient.AspenTech will host a free webinar on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 focused on modeling carbon capture systems for better design and commercial viability. Supporting Quotes Paul Taylor, Senior Vice President Sales Europe, Russia and Africa, AspenTech “The ground-breaking work conducted at the TCM test facility will help the process industries produce commercially viable carbon capture methods on a broad scale. It has demonstrated how process engineers can effectively model carbon capture systems and predict and reduce emissions using aspenONE optimization software. This results in tremendous benefits for process manufacturers and the environment.” Supporting Resources
- About Technology Centre Mongstad
- aspenONE software Overview
- Aspen Plus Overview
- Aspen Plus Carbon Capture
- Aspen Rate-Based Distillation
- Aspen InfoPlus.21 Overview
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV