TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD) today announced Company metrics for January 2013. Monthly activities included:
- An average of 387,000 client trades per day in January 2013, up 3 percent from January 2012 and up 17 percent from December 2012.
- $499.3 billion in total client assets as of Jan. 31, 2013, up 17 percent from January 2012 and up 4 percent from December 2012.
- Average spread-based balances of $83.4 billion, up 12 percent from January 2012 and up 3 percent from December 2012. (1)
- Average fee-based balances of $107.8 billion, up 32 percent from January 2012 and up 5 percent from December 2012. (1)
More financial information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, as well as information detailing upcoming financial events and presentations, can be found on the Company’s corporate Web site, www.amtd.com. You can also follow the Company on Twitter, @TDAmeritradePR.
About TD Ameritrade Holding CorporationMillions of investors and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) have turned to TD Ameritrade’s (NYSE: AMTD) technology, people and education to help make investing and trading easier to understand and do. Online or over the phone. In a branch or with an independent RIA. First-timer or sophisticated trader. Our clients want to take control, and we help them decide how - bringing Wall Street to Main Street for more than 37 years. TD Ameritrade has time and again been recognized as a leader in investment services. Please visit TD Ameritrade’s newsroom or www.amtd.com for more information.Brokerage services provided by TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA ( www.FINRA.org) /SIPC ( www.SIPC.org) /NFA ( www.nfa.futures.org) (1)Spread-based assets are client and brokerage-related assets, including client margin balances, segregated cash, the TD Ameritrade FDIC Insured Deposit Account (IDA) balances, deposits paid on securities borrowing and other cash and interest earning investment balances. Fee-based balances are client assets invested in money market funds, other mutual funds and Company programs such as Amerivest and AdvisorDirect. IDA balances are held at TD Bank, N.A. and TD Bank USA, N.A., affiliates of TD Ameritrade. Amerivest is an investment advisory service of Amerivest Investment Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. AdvisorDirect connects a prospective client with an independent financial advisor. TD Ameritrade, Inc., TD Ameritrade Clearing, Inc. and Amerivest Investment Management, LLC are subsidiaries of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts