Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX) (TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced the availability of new RDMA InfiniBand and Ethernet long-haul interconnect solutions as part of the company’s MetroX product line. MetroX products enable long-reach, high-throughput RDMA connectivity within and between data centers across multiple geographically distributed sites. MetroX enables IT managers to effectively connect remote data centers together, and provide faster disaster recovery and better utilization of remote storage or compute infrastructures.
The new systems are part of the MetroX long-haul interconnect solution family and include:
- MetroDX TX6000 – MetroX based system aimed at internal data center long reach connectivity or between close data center compute and storage infrastructures. The TX6000 supports 18 long-haul ports running 40Gb/s to a distance up to 1,000 meters.
- MetroX TX6200 – MetroX based system that enables longer reach campus and metro data center connectivity. The TX6200 supports 2 long-haul ports running 10/40Gb/s to a distance up to 100km.
The two new systems are in addition to the recently announced MetroX TX6100 system, which supports 6 ports running 40Gb/s to a distance up to 10km.
“The need for long-haul InfiniBand and Ethernet with RDMA connectivity continues to grow,” said Gilad Shainer, vice president of market development at Mellanox Technologies. “The MetroX series extends InfiniBand and Ethernet lossless RDMA beyond a single data center network location. Data center expansion or Disaster Recovery (DR) sites can now benefit from Mellanox’s fastest interconnect solutions with no performance degradation. Utilizing Mellanox high-throughput interconnect solutions, our customers are able to reduce their database recovery time from days to hours, and thus maintain their business continuity and gain a competitive edge.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV