NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 32 Advisors, the advisory and consulting firm founded by CEO Robert Wolf, former Chairman of UBS Americas and outside advisor to President Obama, today announced its expansion to include six new Principals and Strategic Partners. This team will lead the firm's six initial strategic advisory pillars: business development, economic intelligence, inbound investment/FDI, international trade finance, special situations/restructuring advisory, and strategic communications/crisis management. The firm has also announced its partnership with four key affiliates that augment its suite of customized client advisory services.
"The individuals who have joined me are highly-regarded thought-leaders in their respective areas of expertise and bring outstanding collective experience and knowledge to the firm," declared Robert Wolf, "32 Advisors' unique combination of services provides a one of a kind value proposition to clients seeking highly personalized, independent advice."
- Austan Goolsbee joins the firm as a Strategic Partner and Head of Economic Intelligence Practice. He is Former Chairman of the President's Council of Economic Advisors, and a leading thinker on the economy as well as on the impact of government on business.
- Kevin Varney joins the firm as a Principal and Head of International Trade Finance. A former Senior Vice President & Chief of Staff to the Chairman and President of the Export-Import Bank of the United States, he leads a team that will work with international companies, institutions and sovereign wealth funds to navigate and secure international trade financing.
- Barry Johnson , a Principal and Head of Inbound Investment, will help global business investors succeed in the US by navigating the political, regulatory and cultural complexities. He will also aid entities in the USA seeking capital from outside the country. He was the founding Executive Director of President Obama's Inbound Investment/FDI initiative, SelectUSA.
- Troy Taylor , a veteran restructuring expert, joins the firm as a Strategic Partner, and will act as Head of Special Situations/Restructuring Advisory, a joint venture between 32 Advisors and the Algon Group that advises debtors, creditors, equity holders and third party constituencies as they work through complex, problematic situations.
- Amy Sloane-Pinel , a seasoned international corporate communications strategist, joins the firm as a Principal and will lead its Strategic Communications and Crisis Management practice.
- Lauren Clancy , former Managing Director and Chief of Staff for the Chairman of UBS Americas, has been named a Principal and is the firm's Chief Operating Officer.
Additionally, 32 Advisors will be strategically affiliated with Forefront Capital, who will act as its broker dealer, the lobbying firm Heather Podesta + Partners, the strategic security consultancy The Soufan Group, and global brand positioning firm Richard Attias and Associates.The firm is headquartered at 590 Madison Avenue, New York with an additional office in Washington DC. Most recently, Wolf has been hosting "Impact Players," a series of weekly webcasts on the Reuters TV channel on YouTube, featuring exclusive, candid sit-downs with industry, government and pop culture leaders. www.impactplayers.tv About 32 Advisors Based in New York, with an office in Washington DC, 32 Advisors is a global consulting and advisory firm providing senior executives with strategic intelligence and actionable guidance on a broad spectrum of issues affecting immediate and long-term growth and success. The firm acts as a trusted advisor and confidential solution partner to public and private companies, private equity and hedge funds, money managers, governments and other institutions, both in the U.S. and countries around the world. 32 Advisors gains its name from the jersey number that Robert Wolf wore as a member of the University of Pennsylvania football team. For more information and management team bios, please visit www.32advisors.com SOURCE 32 Advisors