Plunkett's Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Almanac 2013: Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics
1) Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Overview 2) Internet Access Technologies Compared3) Wireless Quick Facts, U.S. 1996-2011 4) Wireless Standards & Speeds 5) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2004-2011 6) Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide 7) Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Selected Expenses, U.S. Firms: 2007-2010 8) Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2007-2010 9) Satellite Telecommunications, Selected Expenses, U.S. Firms: 2007-2010 10) Satellite Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue: 2007-2010 11) Wireless Telecommunications Industry (Except Satellite) Employment, U.S.: 2002-2011
Table of Contents
PLUNKETT'SWIRELESS, WI-FI, RFID & CELLULARINDUSTRY ALMANAC 2013CONTENTSA Short Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Glossary xIntroduction 1How To Use This Book 3Chapter 1: Major Trends in the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry 71) Introduction to the Wireless Industry 82) 3G Cellular Systems, Including EV-DO, Are Enhanced/HSPA+ Offers High SpeedCompetition to 4G 103) LTE Offers 4G High-Speed Wireless Networks 114) Wi-Fi Is Pervasive and Indispensible 115) MIMO (802.11n) Enhances WiMAX, the High-Speed Wireless Wave 136) Bluetooth Provides Wireless Connectivity to Millions of Cellphones and Other Devices 137) Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 3G and 4G Smartphones 148) RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution 159) Supply Chain Management (SCM) Software Combines with Wireless 1710) Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID and Other New Technologies Save Labor Costs for Airlinesand Hotels 1811) Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and More 1912) Cellular Phone Subscriptions Worldwide Top 5.9 Billion 2113) Cellphones Revolutionize Life in Emerging Nations/mChek and M-PESA Enable RemoteBanking 2114) Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket 2215) Wireless Devices Become a Fast-Growing Market for Electronic Games/Angry BirdsMajor Success 2316) Kindle, Tablets like iPad and Smartphones like iPhone Deliver Entertainment/eBookSales Soar 2417) Video Via Cellphone and Mobile TV Gain Subscribers 2518) GPS and Location Based Services (LBS) Enhance Cellphone Subscriptions 2619) Location Based Advertising and Mobile Advertising on Cellphones Grow Quickly 2720) Apple Rules in Apps/Android Plays Catch-up 2921) Smartphones Aid Wireless Payments/Square Soars as a Mobile Merchant TransactionSystem 3022) In-Flight Wireless Takes Off 3123) M2M: Wireless Sensor Networks to Boom/Nanotechnology Applications are Promising 3224) Nanotechnology & MEMS Applications in Optics and Displays Lead to a Breakthrough inWireless Device Screens 3325) Carriers Eliminate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones and Landlines; Up ProfitPotential 3526) Voice Recognition Changes the Wireless World 36Chapter 2: Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics 37Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Overview 38Internet Access Technologies Compared 39Wireless Quick Facts, U.S. 1996-2011 40Wireless Standards & Speeds 41Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2004-2011 42Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide 43Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Selected Expenses, U.S. Firms: 2007-2010 44Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2007-2010 45Satellite Telecommunications, Selected Expenses, U.S. Firms: 2007-2010 46Satellite Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue: 2007-2010 47Wireless Telecommunications Industry (Except Satellite) Employment, U.S.: 2002-2011 48Chapter 3: Important Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Contacts 49Addresses, Telephone Numbers and Internet SitesChapter 4: THE WIRELESS 325:Who They Are and How They Were Chosen 78Industry List, With Codes 79Index of Companies Within Industry Groups 81Alphabetical Index 89Index of U.S. Headquarters Location by State 92Index of Non-U.S. Headquarters Location by Country 94Index by Regions of the U.S. Where the Firms Have Locations 96Index by Firms with Operations Outside the U.S. 102Individual Profiles on each of THE WIRELESS 325 105Additional IndexesIndex of Hot Spots for Advancement for Women/Minorities 432Index of Subsidiaries, Brand Names and Selected Affiliations 433
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV