Microchip Technology Inc. (NASDAQ: MCHP) , a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, and FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) announce the “Duel in the Desert,” a robotics scrimmage hosted by 48West on Saturday, February 16, 2013, at Chandler High School, 350 N. Arizona Avenue, Chandler, Ariz. Fifteen high-school teams will preview their robots for the upcoming First Robotics Competition (FRC) 2013 AZ Regional, which will be held March 22–23, 2013, at Hamilton High School in Chandler, Ariz. At the March regional event, 50 teams will participate. Winners of the worldwide regional competitions, including the Arizona regional, are eligible to attend the FRC World Championship in St. Louis, Mo., at Edward Jones Dome on April 24–27, 2013.
The game, “Ultimate Ascent SM,” challenges two alliances of three robots each to score points by tossing the highest number of discs into their respective goals. Extra points are awarded to robots that climb 10-foot-high tiered pyramids in the last seconds of the match. Any student participating on a FIRST team is eligible to apply for more than $16 million in scholarships.
Microchip Technology is the organizing sponsor of the FRC Arizona Regional, joining Leader in Technology sponsor Microchip employees through United Way Valley of the Sun donations; Captains of Innovation sponsors Army ROTC, Avnet, Craig and Barbara Barrett Foundation, Microchip Technology Inc., Wells Fargo Bank, Friends of the Future Sponsors, Best Buy Children’s Foundation, Go Daddy, ON Semiconductor, Steve and Maria Sanghi, FIRST Friends Sponsors, Chase Giving Foundation, and Wishes In Stitches. Additional sponsorship opportunities are still available.
Steve Sanghi, president and CEO of Microchip Technology, and member of the FIRST Board of Directors, said, “In addition to teaching students STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) disciplines, participants on a FIRST team learn about working on a deadline, raising funds, marketing, critical thinking and teamwork. These are the skills that we need to create a stronger and more informed workforce, to boost our economy.”For more information about the FRC Arizona Regional, or to volunteer or sponsor a team, contact Carol Popovich at (480) 792-7938, cell (480) 335-2091, or email@example.com. Resources High-res FIRST and Ultimate Ascent SM logos Available Through Flickr or Editorial Contact (feel free to publish):
- FIRST Logo: http://www.microchip.com/get/CUGN
- Ultimate Ascent logo: http://www.microchip.com/get/KDCL
- RSS Feed for Microchip Product News: http://www.microchip.com/get/7TE8
- Twitter: http://www.microchip.com/get/1SM1
- Facebook: http://www.microchip.com/get/S57L
- YouTube: http://www.microchip.com/get/8H9V
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV