- Phase 3: Part One testing was performed in the 700 MHz Band 14 spectrum which supports broadband for public safety.
- Motorola was able to support interoperability at both S1-Mobility Management Entity (MME) and S1-User (U) interfaces utilizing its RAN and EPC with the three network vendors. The interconnectivity of both the RAN and EPC demonstrated Motorola’s solution to support open network architecture under the 3 rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) standards.
- Motorola also successfully completed network drive testing, demonstrating the performance of a single LTE network in an operational environment. Motorola successfully tested intra-LTE handoffs, network coverage, network load and stress, and application messaging/protocol performance.
- Motorola’s UM1000 LTE USB Modem was selected by the PSCR test team to be the device of choice for all interoperability over-the-air and drive testing.
- Motorola and Ericsson in September 2010 entered an alliance to provide an LTE-based solution for Next Generation Public Safety broadband communications. Ericsson is providing its industry-leading LTE access equipment as well as parts of its packet core and related services to deliver broadband multimedia services to public safety.
- Ericsson, the world leader in telecommunications technology and services, is leading the way in the rollout of LTE and has been driving open standards. As the world’s leader in mobile broadband, including LTE, Ericsson provides the benefit of global scale economies and proven performance across a large, globally deployed LTE base.
Motorola Solutions First To Successfully Complete Public Safety LTE Network Interoperability, Drive Testing
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts